Saturday, November 30, 2013

DIY Christmas Decor, Some Sweet Faces, and a Beard.

I haven't been this excited for Christmas since I was a kid.  My favorite as an adult has been Thanksgiving.  It's all about the food.  Oh- and friends and family, too, of course.  But this year I have been finding some super cute DIY crafts to get me jazzed up for the Christmas season.  You can find the tutorials/inspiration for these by clicking on my Pinterest link at the end of this post.  


I have realized my passion for glitter.  I kinda love it.

 Artsy shot of the same bottle.  :)

Twig star tree ornament.  Super rustic chic.


I'm making these yarn wrapped star tree ornaments in red and silver and using jute for hanging.

 More glitter!  And yarn.  Lots of yarn.  But I found an AMAZING shade of red at Joanne's.  I've also been introduced to raffia.  Fun stuff.

 Probably shouldn't have done such a close up, since it shows off my lack of glue gun skills.  But I like it anyway.  Gotta love imperfections.

 During all this, I was also playing around with Christmas lights bokeh.  Yay!

 Little Ms. Valencia, looking très belle!





 And my son.  Looking as though he enjoys being my model.

Is this not the sweetest sweetie-pie face you've ever seen?  Look at that dimple!  Love it!


 And no-shave November, anyone?  My handsome hubs rockin' the beard.
(Check out the shaving of the beard here http://jessicacphotography.blogspot.com/2013/12/saying-buh-bye-to-no-shave-november-my.html )


Lastly, my evening drink.  Blueberry smoothie.  Looking pretty sweet in this light, right?


I hope everyone had a fantastico Thanksgiving!  
Check out my DIY board on Pinterest for these tutorials and lots of other cool stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment